Monday 2 February 2015

A Walk to the Church at Night


 As I live in Southampton I am lucky enough to have many historic buildings around me. I wanted to take some of my own pictures to use as visual references for my work. I have taken some moonlit images of the Church in town. It may not be a Gothic Building, but these images certainly contain elements of the Gothic. By taking these pictures under a moonlit sky, I have captured an atmosphere of mystery around the building. I took the images of the Church Tower from a low angle, so the building looms over me, backed by the full-moon. The images are definitely eerie, and contain a daunting sense of terror. By changing one of the images to black and white, it makes the image darker and spookier, but to me communicates how the Victorians had only black and white imaging. I will be taking many more of my own photos in response to the unit theme, and using them as visual reference to communicate the Gothic Horror theme throughout my work.







No comments:

Post a Comment