Monday 23 February 2015

Death Masks

In our seminar with Sharon, we created our own death masks. I found this really interesting as we had to enhance the shadows on our faces in a photo, which made us look rather dead.





After taking these photographs, I saw the oppurtunity to adjust them, and create my own 'Victorian Style Death Mask', alongside my own 'Spirit Photograph'.

Changing this photograph to black and white and then adjusting the levels makes such a difference to the effect the viewer gets. This image is much more dark, in both senses. The shadows look much more realistic, whilst the actual black and white image ages it. Completing the makeup was a lot more difficult than I expected it to be, as you don't pick up the subtle shadows, and you miss a lot. 

Spirit Photography
This is my attempt at a 'Spirit Photograph', where I have placed another image onto of another, and adjusted the placement and opacity. I feel this is effective as its not the same photograph placed on itself, but another at a different angle, which makes it seem as if it's another person. I am happy with the outcome of this image, as it was initially just a play around on Photoshop.


No comments:

Post a Comment