Thursday 26 March 2015

John Galliano - 'Yesterday once more'

During a practical with Fenella, we focused on recreating looks from previous fashion weeks. I chose to look at John Galliano's 'Yesterday once more', as I am in awe of Galliano and McGrath's work.





What I particularly like about the work is the creativitiy behind it, there is a balance of precision and smudge. If the look were to remove precision, I don't believe this look would work as well as it does. It focuses the viewer on the model's eyes, and changes the face shape with the penciled-in eyebrows. Although messy, the look is flawless. The matt, powdered finish reminds me of porcelain. The colours work together really well too, all of the same colour, but different shades. 


This is my inspired look. I feel I have accurately rendered the colours used in Pat McGrath's design. I am happy with the outcome, although looking back, the look could use a more mottled texture around the eyes, I think I have blended it too much. I really enjoyed this practical, as it was a big change from our previous unit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment