Wednesday 11 March 2015

Practising Estella

I have decided to practise the makeup look on myself for Estella. I think that the design transferred well onto the face, and I have managed to keep the face looking young and dewy, although bruised by her husband punching her. 


This is the unharmed side of Estella's face. I believe if she were bruised, she would still complete the rest of her makeup, to try and hide the bruising. I have used the Kryolan blush palette to create a pink blush, with the Illamasqua Highlighting Powder to create a dewy, youthful look. I have applied a light shadow over the eyes from the Brilliant Colour Palette, to make her look young and wide-eyed.




This is the bruising over the eye. I am pleased with the outcome of this practise. I based the bruise on picture I found on the internet. I wanted he bruise to be as realistic as I could make it, so I used a wide palette, blues, reds, purples, greens, yellow and orange. Mixing these colours keeps the pigment strong but more natural. I have intensified the areas around the socket bone, which is the areas of maximum impact. I wanted to keep the design simple by having just one black eye, to maximise the impact. By having the rest of her face completed in normal makeup, makes the viewers eye go straight towards the bruise, but also shows that Estella has tried to hide it, and carry on like normal. 





This is my hair design. I am happy with the design and how it looks on the Katy head. Im confident with this look. I wanted to keep Estella's hair tidy, to show that she has tried with her look even though her face is bruised. 

No comments:

Post a Comment