Monday 4 May 2015

Claudia Face Charts

Claudia Face Charts
1. This was my initial face chart for my character Claudia. I wanted to portray her psychotic tendency, so have decided that she will have scratched all of her face, during her time in her cell. She will be covered in mud, which I can use fuller's earth to create. I want to create a 'no-makeup' look, as in an asylum, she would not have access to any cosmetics, so her base would have to be really natural and clear.

2. This look is less realistic, but more sinister. Claudia would have a bandage wrapped tight around her head, and across her mouth, leaving just her eyes and nose bare. The base would once again be very natural, and dirty. I imagine Claudia to be very exhausted, so her eyes would have dark circles underneath. 


3. I have chosen this look to be rugged, dirty and uncared for. Her eyes would be sore and tired, her face would be dirty and unclean. Claudia is not cared for by any of the doctors and nuns at the asylum, and I wanted to portray this. This is the more subtle look, very natural and believable. 


4. This is my final look. This design is a more enhanced and exaggerated look of 3. I have made her eyes more sore with red, her eyes more tired with heavier bags underneath. She would be dirty which I can recreate with Fuller's earth, sweat I can recreate with Vaseline, and water spray, and cuts in various places. 


I have decided that face chart 4 will be my final design, as I want the look to be very sinister, and the viewer to not be sure whether to be scared or feel sorry for Claudia. I am really excited to complete and practice the look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment