Monday 4 May 2015

Quentin's Shoot.

These are my final images for Quentin's Shoot. Luckily for me, I live very close to Ashridge Woods, where many films such as Harry Potter have been filmed. Prior to the shoot, I bought smoke bombs, as I imagined where Quentin emerges from the woods, it would be foggy and eerie. I dressed my model in all black, so that the focus would be on her face, rather than her clothing. I don't think an exuberant costume would have changed anything, as I feel it would take away from the makeup.  




These two unedited images are my favourite, as I feel I have captured Quentin's character well. He is the focus to both of the images, with the fog slowly smothering him. I feel I have followed the brief, as well as manipulating it to how I want it to be. I wanted to create an original look, and be horrific without having to use blood and guts. I believe that both the hair and makeup works together well, and that I have created an alien character, without having to use prosthetic pieces. 

Below are some of the other images I took on the day. I really like the images shot where the smoke is in the foreground, as it distorts Quentin as he is behind it. He appears as a figure, which I find quite eerie and uncomfortable as you cannot quite identify him. I shot from a range of angles and distances, in order to capture the true essence of Quentin. 













No comments:

Post a Comment