Monday 4 May 2015

Practising with Prosthetic Pieces


Before I completed my final look, I wanted to practise with the prosthetic pieces, to create harsher cheekbones and brows. Unfortunately, this didn't work for me. I bought Cinewax and Clear Latex from Kryolan, but I had issues with the wax sticking to the cheekbones. Looking back, spirit gum would have helped it to stick, but I hadn't thought about it and didn't buy any. Every time my model would move her face, the wax would come unstuck to the cheekbones. Once I had finally stuck them down, it was difficult to smooth it. My look is very sleek and smooth, and once the latex was on, it became uneven and bumpy, and really obvious that I was using prosthetic pieces. 



Now I had to rethink what I would do. I decided that I would remove the prosthetic pieces from the face, and just work into the cheekbones with makeup, and contour the skin as much as I could. 

No comments:

Post a Comment