Monday 4 May 2015

Quentin Face Charts

Quentin Face Charts
1. This is my first design for Quentin. I wanted to use cooler tones, to create an alien-like look. I feel this face chart is too obvious, and unoriginal. The stripes coming down from the forehead is used quite a lot when creating alien looks, and looking back on it I am not very happy with this face chart. I feel I could have made this look more interesting, but it was good as a starting point as I could then work from this, taking aspects and changing them.
 2. This is my second design. I really like this design, I feel this could be a really eerie look. By having a really pale base, and using subtle, cool, blue tones to contour would make the character look unliving but not dead. The character looks detached from humans, and by using cold tones rather than warm tones usually seen in the skin's complexion, this enhances this concept even further. I am happy with this design, I would have to paint the whole of the model's body for this to work. Doing something with the eyes may make this look even better, I am considering using white contact lenses.
 3. This is my third look for Quentin. I imagine Quentin very demon-like, and very dark and horrific. With this face chart, I would have Quentin's hair sprayed back and slicked back, and then the black seeping down his face, to convey the darkness sweeping over him. I would use SupraColour, and sponge it as it blends into the bottom half of the skin. I would have to be really careful not to smudge it, and create too many grey tones, I feel this look would only work if there was clean black at the top of the head. I would use this technique on the arms as well, starting with black at the fingers and blending up the arm.
4. This is my final face chart for Quentin. For this look, I would concentrate on using white, black, grey and a warm grey to contour the skin highly. I would use prosthetic pieces on the cheeks, and the eyebrows, to manipulate the facial structure. I need to practice this, to see if it would work in the way I would want it to. It would have to be smooth and sleek, as if it was bumpy and rough, it would ruin the look. I would contour the skin to within an inch of it's life, using tape to create a harsh line around the cheek bones. The eyebrows will be hidden, making the model look even more alien like. I have decided that over the contouring, I will have wool stuck down the face, like veins. It will come from the hairline, and the eyes. The eyes will have to have black contact lenses on, to convey the inner demon. 


Out of all of my face charts, I have decided to use the 4th and final design. I feel this design, will work the best, and convey the character that I want to. I wanted to create something completely original, and scary at the same time, which I think with this design I will be able to do.

3 comments:

  1. wauw het ziet er heel goed uit. Heb je de volgende link bezocht ..? zo niet, open dan de link en geniet van 25% korting en gratis en snelle verzending. https://www.thedarkattitude.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dark Attitude Delivering the top quality Gothic Clothing, women Gothic Clothing, Men Gothic Clothing, Alternative Clothing, Steampunk, and cybergoth styles available. Quick Response and Fast Delivery is our First Priority.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shop special Gothic Clothing for Women & Men at reasonable costs. Our assortment is handpicked from the best elective stores from around the world. We transport around the world.

    ReplyDelete