Monday 4 May 2015

Quentin.

This was my final look for Quentin. I am really pleased with how my look turned out, after having to take a few steps back to rethink about the prosthetics. I believe the look without prosthetics looks better, simply due to how I have managed to create the illusion of high cheek bones, as they're so smooth and straight. I worked on a light base, using the Brilliant Colour Palette to contour, and colour around the eyes. I am happy with the blending around the eyes and the nose, making the face look deeper and more shallow in various places. 

Consultation
-Laura Day
-19
-Pale, Freckled Skin
-Combination Skin
-No Allergies

Products:
Cleanser, Toner, Moisturiser
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
Kryolan UltraFoundation Palette
Illamasqua Skin Base
Illamasqua Translucent Powder
Kryolan Blush Palette
Kryolan Brilliant Colour Palette 
Masking Tape
Illamasqua Reflections Palette
MAC LipMix Black
Black Wool
Duo
Black Contact Lenses

Method:
1.Cleanse, Tone and Moisturise the Skin. 
2. Prime the Skin with the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. 
3. Mix a light base using the UltraFoundation Palette, and Illamasqua Skin Base in White. 
4. Powder with Illamasqua Translucent Powder. 
5. Apply masking tape to the cheekbones, then begin to work into the cheekbones with the Brilliant Colour Palette, and Kryolan Blush Palette. Build up the colour. 
6. Remove the masking tape to reveal a sleek line on the cheekbone. 
7. Work into the edges of the forehead, nose and eye sockets with the Brilliant Colour Palette.
8. Use Illamasqua Reflections Palette Black Shadow to make the eyes darker. The colour should conceal the brows. 
9. Apply MAC LipMix in Black to the lips. This should be patted on using a finger, to create a distressed look. 
10. Apply White from the Brilliant Colour Palette to the tops of the cheekbones, above the brows, ridge of the nose and jawline. 
11. Apply Skin Base to the Lashes.
12. Tear apart black wool into small strips, varying in length and thickness. 
13. Using Duo, apply a small amount to each end, and stick onto the face from the forehead down, and from the bottom eyelash line. 
14. Finish by putting in black Contact Lenses.
15. Brush through the hair, ensuring there are no knots. 
16. Apply Gel, starting at the hairline, and combing through the hair. 
17. Twist the hair together, and let it fall over the shoulder. 





I am really pleased with the final makeup look for my representation of Quentin. I feel the makeup contains a sense of demonic possession and darkness, as well as very much alien. By slicking back her hair, it makes my model's head shape very prominent, and you are drawn to the eyes which are staring back at you. The wool creates vein like structures that squirm across her face, seeping black darkness into her skin. It seems that the wool is coming from her hair, and seeping from her eyes, which I am really happy with this effect. I am proud of the contouring, as originally I was going to use prosthetic pieces on the skin to raise the cheekbones, but I feel I have accomplished this without this. The eyes draw the viewer into them, because of their sheer darkness. I really enjoyed creating this look, as I am fascinated by horror and darkness. This was much more of an activity I enjoyed rather than a task. 




No comments:

Post a Comment